Mystery Diagnosis II
Approximately 99 percent of the calcium in the body is located in the bones and the remaining 1 percent is located in other body cells and circulates in the bloodstream. Certain conditions can cause an excess release of calcium from the bones into the blood. Too much calcium in the bloodstream can be toxic and lead to a potentially dangerous health condition called hypercalcemia.
[SOURCE: LIVESTRONG.COM / http://www.livestrong.com/article/302127-is-too-much-calcium-toxic/ ]
Key Point 1
Regardless of a person’s age and personality, onset of new symptoms should be explored to find out what is causing them. Age should never automatically be determined as the cause of sudden physical or mental status changes in a person.
Key Point 2
Vitamins may seem harmless because they are a part of what our bodies need, but too much of a good thing can cause vitamin toxicity – something that can be very dangerous, and possibly fatal.
Conduct an off-site search from MedlinePlus. These up-to-date search results are based on search terms specific to Second Opinion Key Points.
There are a very large number of organizations and websites dedicated to Vitamin Toxicity. This is only a partial list.
MedlinePlus: MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health's Web site for patients and their families and friends.
PubMed Health: specializes in reviews of clinical effectiveness research, with easy-to-read summaries for consumers as well as full technical reports.
Vitamin D Council.org: The Vitamin D Council’s mission is to educate the general public and health professionals on vitamin D, sun exposure, and the vitamin D deficiency pandemic.